Government extends deadline to hire thousands of assistants for South Africa’s schools – here’s how to apply
The Department of Basic Education has actually extended its recruitment due date for stage 2 of its Basic Education Employment Initiative and presented an alternative submission opportunity for candidates.
The recruitment drive, which is now open up until 10 October 2021, intends to supply 287,000 youths work and training chances in the education sector.
The department stated that youth in between the ages of 18 and 35, who are presently neither in education/ training nor getting any kind of a federal government grant, are qualified to use.
Prospects chosen for positioning will have a chance to get training on numerous abilities to equip them for future job opportunity.
” Phase II applications was because of close at midnight on 3 October 2021. Nevertheless, the department has actually because extended the application duration to midnight, 10 October 2021.”
The department stated that the applications for Phase II of the BEEI have actually continued to increase considering that the applications opened. Since 2 October, in excess of 475,918 youths had actually made an application for several positions, with 2,726,117 overall applications got.
” The department wants to take this time to guarantee the qualified youth that the application procedure does not deal with a first-come, first-served basis; nevertheless, all applications need to be sent online by 10 October to be thought about for the readily available chances.”
All effective prospects will be put in schools for 5 months, from 1 November 2021 to 31 March 2022, for the following readily available chances:
- Education assistant– Curriculum;
- Education assistant– ICT/e-Cadres;
- Education assistant– Reading Champions;
- General School assistant– Child & & Youth Care Worker;
- General School assistant– Handyman (no matric needed);
- General School assistant– Sports and Enrichment Agent (no matric needed).
How to use
Should candidates get notification that they have actually been shortlisted, they will be needed to prepare the following files:
- Testimonials (previous school, a regional chief, church leader, and so on);
- Police clearance certificates;
- Affidavit/declaration by the candidate specifying they have no rap sheet while waiting for the authorities clearance;
- Certified credentials such as Matric, (where appropriate: NQF Level 4 certification certificate, for education assistant candidates with NQF level 6 and 7 an included benefit);
- Certified copy of identity file/ passport.
Accessing the BEEI job opportunity can be done through this site. Additionally, the department has actually included another web-based/electronic application to deal with the need, which can be accessed here.