Here is the new route and station map proposed for the Gautrain
Gauteng’s MEC for Public Transport and Roads Infrastructure Jacob Mamabolo has actually revealed the brand-new path for stage 1 of the proposed Gauteng Rapid Rail Integrated Network (GRRIN) task.
In 2014, Gauteng’s provincial federal government commissioned the Gautrain Management Agency (GMA) to establish an extensive method to enhance movement in the Gauteng. This technique consisted of the endeavor of an expediency research study to examine possible extensions to the quick rail network in the province.
Mamabolo stated the path was figured out following an extensive assessment procedure and is the primary step in the procedure of specifying a rail reserve for a future train line in Gauteng.
The next action in the procedure will be to carry out an initial style for stage 1 of the proposed GRRIN Extensions and will consist of a complete Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), along with additional assessment with all interested and afflicted celebrations, he stated.
” It is very important to keep in mind that the path decision is a crucial turning point in the province’s rail preparation procedure which we are still in the early phases of the procedure of specifying the future rail reserve that will be carried out with assessment with all interested and afflicted celebrations and stakeholders.”
- The proposed path for stage 1 of the GRRIN extensions starts at the proposed area of a brand-new station at Little Falls, which lies to the east of Hendrik Potgieter Road in Willowbrook. From the proposed Little Falls Station, the path runs in a northeasterly instructions towards Zandspruit where the path will pass to the west of Jackal Creek Golf Estate.
- The path then alters in a southeasterly instructions towards Cosmo City and a recently proposed Cosmo City Station.
- From the Cosmo City Station, the path will continue in a southeasterly instructions towards the recently proposed Randburg Station, going through North Riding, Olivedale, Bryanston, and Ferndale.
- The path will continue in a southeasterly instructions through Randburg, Bordeaux, and Hurlingham. Once it has actually reached Sandhurst the path will alter instructions towards the existing Sandton Station where an updated station is proposed.
- From Sandton, the path will run in a northeasterly instructions through Sandton, Sandown, Marlboro, and Alexandra towards the existing Marlboro Station where the existing station will be updated to accommodate the brand-new positioning.